Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...

2008-07-30 20:13:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...
From: Keith Sudbury <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:13:45 +0100
John Drescher wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Basically my tapes are filling up and not recycling... by the looks of
things? yes my conf has  Recycle = yes in the job pool  and AutoPrune = yes
in the client section.

>From what I understand this should now over write the tape when it is full?
Unless I miss understood the manual...

I hope I am getting this correct since it appears top posting and
bottom posting is mixed here.

Given that you have Recycling on in your config, bacula will recycle
your volumes only when the retention period is up. The retention
period is setup in the pool and is in effect when a tape is labeled or
recycled so if you change the pool's retention period this will not
take effect on already labeled tapes until they are recycled (using
the old retention period) or you use the update volume command in
bconsole.

John

Cheers for your reply John, "Volume Retention = 365 days " that will be why then!!!

Is there any way I can get the current job to run that is asking for an appendable media, if i make chances to the config now and restart the director it will lose the job... would purging it work?? or is this an awful idea?

BTW is bottom posting preferred ?

Cheers
--
Keith Sudbury