Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 3TB and beyond ...

2008-07-04 05:32:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 3TB and beyond ...
From: Steffen Knauf <Steffen.Knauf AT renderforce DOT de>
To: LDB <ldbout AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:32:00 +0200
Hello,

i back up a 5 TB Partition (but only 2,5 TB of them are allocated).
If you're back up to a volume and the perfomance is really necessary,
you should
set gzip 0. With gzip 1 i have only one-third of the performance without
compression.
But this depends on the data you want to backup. I back up lots oft
pictures, so i have
a compression rate (with gzip 1) which is nearly 50 %.
Every higher compression rate is good for nothing ;)
The Elapsed Time for 2,5 TB and Gzip 1 was 29 hours.

greets

Steffen