Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] timeout contacting storage daemon on system with multiple interfaces (SOLVED)

2008-06-04 11:22:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] timeout contacting storage daemon on system with multiple interfaces (SOLVED)
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:22:17 +0100

> Am 04.06.2008 um 16:08 schrieb Ariano Bertacca:
>

> > Am 04.06.2008 um 15:51 schrieb Blake Dunlap:
> >
> >> Check to see if /etc/resolv.conf has "order hosts,bind"
> >>
> >> -Blake
> >>

> > Well, now i feel stupid.
> > The moment i read that, i thought about all relevant names being
> > resolved correct, but then i realised that the client might get the
> > sd's fqdn to connect to, which would resolv to the "wrong" ip.
> > Adding the sd's fqdn to /etc/hosts (which i first didn't, because i
> > already added the names of all "relevant" interfaces), i tried a small
> > backup set and it worked like a charm.
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response!
>

> I forgot to mention, that i don't think this is the perfect solution.
> This works, but i have to tweak the clients resolver to get bacula to
> use the right ip. Since the server has multiple interfaces and
> multiple names for these interfaces, i would prefer to configure the
> name/ip i want to use inside bacula instead of relying on the fqdn.

The client connects using the Address field of the Director's Storage
resource, so it doesn't have to be the fqdn, just something that resolves to
the correct IP address on all machines.

What kind of syntax would you use in the Director's config to specify a
different name/ip for different clients?  Maybe it should allow a mapping from
the client's subnet to the SD address?

__Martin