Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] timeout contacting storage daemon on system with multiple interfaces (SOLVED)

2008-06-04 10:21:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] timeout contacting storage daemon on system with multiple interfaces (SOLVED)
From: Ariano Bertacca <a.bertacca AT vva DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:21:27 +0200
Am 04.06.2008 um 16:08 schrieb Ariano Bertacca:

> Am 04.06.2008 um 15:51 schrieb Blake Dunlap:
>
>> Check to see if /etc/resolv.conf has "order hosts,bind"
>>
>> -Blake
>>

> Well, now i feel stupid.
> The moment i read that, i thought about all relevant names being
> resolved correct, but then i realised that the client might get the
> sd's fqdn to connect to, which would resolv to the "wrong" ip.
> Adding the sd's fqdn to /etc/hosts (which i first didn't, because i
> already added the names of all "relevant" interfaces), i tried a small
> backup set and it worked like a charm.
>
> Thanks for the quick response!

I forgot to mention, that i don't think this is the perfect solution.
This works, but i have to tweak the clients resolver to get bacula to
use the right ip. Since the server has multiple interfaces and
multiple names for these interfaces, i would prefer to configure the
name/ip i want to use inside bacula instead of relying on the fqdn.

Kind regards

Ariano Bertacca
Systemmanagement

fon +49 211 7357-834 | fax +49 211 7357-859

--
Vereinigte Verlagsanstalten GmbH
Höherweg 278 | 40231 Düsseldorf

HR Düsseldorf HRB 658