BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up the server computer

2017-07-13 15:33:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up the server computer
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: bobkatz AT dugido DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 14:33:16 -0500
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com> wrote:

> It's a mess and I wish I could back out of it and start from scratch.
> Also in the process I tried to create a xinet.d method of initiating
> rsync and I fear a conflict. All I did was install xinetd and create
> some config files but I can try to back out of that if you think it's
> creating a conflict.

If xinetd is configured to listen on the rsync port you would not be
able to start a standalone rsync daemon.   Only one process can listen
for connections, so whichever started first would win.   See if you
can remove the xinetd part, then use systemctl to stop and start your
daemon, then systemctl status to see if it is running, and/or
journalctl to view its logs.

--
    Les Mikesesell