BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to backup a laptop over internet

2017-05-29 19:31:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to backup a laptop over internet
From: Bzzzz <lazyvirus AT gmx DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 01:30:44 +0200
On Tue, 30 May 2017 09:13:14 +1000
Adam Goryachev <mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:

> Wasn't there a recent extension to ClientNameAlias which allows
> multiple addresses to be used, which will be tried (in order), and the
> first found would run the backup?

Duno, Adam, I'm still in v.3 for production use and no time to explore
v.4 (is it now rock-stable ?); this might change when Debian Stretch
will become the new stable (around mid june ?), but I must see about
solid version migration before any change can take place.

> This seems a perfect use case for that, adding the local IP and the
> remote IP as the two aliases, hence only a single "host" in backuppc,
> consistent ordered backups all in one place.

This is really a nice feature, especially in this case.

> PS, this probably only applies to BPC4.x and I forget what version the
> OP is using.

He did not state it, just that he use mageia5, which, from their site
is a fork of mandriva - might work the same as rh: one click and it
installs a hexabyte "package" with no other choice *<;-{p)

Jean-Yves