BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] rsyncd and selinux

2017-05-25 20:39:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd and selinux
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 17:36:22 -0700
I just fought through dealing with errors in my backup due to attempting to back up sockets and wanted to share my solution.

Here's an example of the error message:

rsync: readlink_stat("/var/spool/postfix/private/tlsmgr" (in root)) failed: Permission denied (13)

(Postfix creates a directory full of sockets for all its processes, so I got quite a few errors in that directory.)

On CentOS 7 I found I needed this:

setsebool -P rsync_full_access 1

You may also need:

setsebool -P rsync_export_all_ro 1

I'd prefer to just enable read-only access but that doesn't allow the readlink_stat needed to back up a socket. (I don't see a man page for that. Is that API part of BackupPC or rsync?)

---