BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Late to the Game: Upgrading from Version 3.x on Fedora 25

2017-05-25 10:52:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Late to the Game: Upgrading from Version 3.x on Fedora 25
From: Tim Evans <tkevans AT tkevans DOT com>
To: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 10:26:09 -0400
On 05/24/2017 12:57 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> The main thing is to merge config.pl <http://config.pl>. Your old one
> should not be overwritten and the new one from the 4.x package should be
> renamed to config.pl.rpmnew.

Thank you, Richard.  I'll be sure to follow these instructions.

My questions are more fundamental, however:

o       Do I need to remove Version 3.x first?

o       If not, does the version 4.x from the referenced repo replace the
existing Version 3.x install, with just the fixes to config.pl needed?
--
Tim Evans                       |   5 Chestnut Court