BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Late to the Game: Upgrading from Version 3.x on Fedora 25

2017-05-24 12:16:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Late to the Game: Upgrading from Version 3.x on Fedora 25
From: Tim Evans <tkevans AT tkevans DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 11:53:54 -0400
I have BackupPC-3.3.1-7.fc25.x86_64 installed on Fedora 25.  Stopped
using it a good while back when the Samba changes screwed things up.
Could never get the patches to 3.x to work for me.  My backup pool is
now more than a year out of date.

(I have been running an alternative backup mechanism (NetGear ReadyNAS
built-in backups), with a separate destination, so the old pool isn't
important.)

I'd like to install version 4.x, but must've missed any step-by-steps
that have been published. I've found the Hobbes repo, but there's
nothing there in the way of docs.

As noted, the backup pool is quite old and I don't really care about it,
but I do want to keep the existing config.

Can someone point me to an upgrade recipe?  Thanks.
--
Tim Evans                       |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864                    |Owings Mills, MD 21117