BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-03-30 13:25:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
From: Tony Schreiner <anthony.schreiner AT bc DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:02:22 -0400

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Bob of Donelson Trophy
<bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net> wrote:

> Oops, I need to add to the instruction, you'll definitely need to have the
> Fedora EPEL repo installed as well...
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
>
> I could add it as a dependency but I don't like automatically installing
> repos...
>

> Just a note. I had checked that I had enabled EPEL but, that would have been
> the CentOS EPEL.

Isn't it all the same?   EPEL is semi-official for Centos in that that
 you can install EPEL by running
yum --enablerepo=extras install epel-release.    That is, the release
package that installs the EPEL repo is available in the Centos extras
repo which is part of the distribution.

I don't know if that's the case for upstream RHEL though.

(Don't have one to see for myself)