BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-03-31 08:34:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Robert Wooden <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:33:48 -0500
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net> wrote:

Thank you for that clarity, Richard.

The slight differences is how a user does this or that between the two distros (CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu) elude me at times. For give my ignorance, I have not used CentOS much over the years.

The "systemctl status" for both "backuppc" and "httpd" show them both "active (running)" but "http://ipaddress/BackupPC/" still yields "Unable to Connect" on the webpage.

Checked "firewalld" and added http access.

Now, "http://ipaddress/BackupPC/" yields "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC/ on this server."

Following the README.fedora I set backuppc user for web access but I am guessing this, once again, is the different between the two distros and I do not remember what to do? Is it permission issues between BackupPC and Apache? Or is it user permissions?

It's apache, the previous maintainer defaulted the access to local machine only... I may change that but I'd need to know how to do it in a generic way since I have no idea what kind of subnet you're on. In my case at home I use 192.168.0.0/24 so I had to modify /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf from:

<IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
  # Apache 2.4
  <RequireAll>
    Require valid-user
    <RequireAny>
      Require local
    </RequireAny>
  </RequireAll>
</IfModule>

to:

<IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
  # Apache 2.4
  <RequireAll>
    Require valid-user
    <RequireAny>
      Require local
      Require ip 192.168.0    <---- HERE
    </RequireAny>
  </RequireAll>
</IfModule>

Which would allow any computer on my subnet to access the server. After that a "systemctl restart httpd" should work.

Thanks,
Richard