BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-03-29 16:48:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
From: Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:47:32 -0500

On 2017-03-29 15:10, Richard Shaw wrote:

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[Analytical Mechanics Associates, INC.] <mark.moorcroft AT nasa DOT gov> wrote:

Now that 4.1 is out is there an updated idea when the EPEL package hits for el7? I'm itching to see how much better my performance is running parallel over our 10G connection, and what saturates first. The net or the CPU.

I've got a test package running on my little Centos 7 box and it seems to be running really well. I'm doing some final tweaks to the packaging, trying to be really careful. If you're interested in a testing package (it may eat babies, etc) then I can share it privately.

Thanks,
Richard

I volunteer. I have a box waiting for me to confirm a BackupPC (on any OS) to test. (Been working a setup out in my VM.)

Is this an rpm package that needs to be loaded onto a CentOS 7 basic (non-gui) server OS?

(If it eats babies, no harm done. I still got my v3.3.1 box running.)

I'm interested!