BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] systemd init for version 4?

2017-03-10 13:30:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] systemd init for version 4?
From: "Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[Analytical Mechanics Associates, INC.]" <mark.moorcroft AT nasa DOT gov>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:27:10 +0000

I’m curious since el7 has been the current OS for a pretty long time why the “new” version of BackupPC defaults to init.d? I will probably wait for the epel package to appear before I upgrade. But I gave consideration to piecing together a 4.x install to replace 3.x, but locate things so when the package arrives I can migrate to yum managed updates. Is there a backuppc.service file in the git repo, or is it left to the user to come up with that?

Mark Moorcroft

AMA Corp.

650-604-4784

mailto:mark.moorcroft AT nasa DOT gov