BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] systemd init for version 4?

2017-03-18 11:44:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] systemd init for version 4?
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:43:23 -0700
I just pushed to git (https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/commit/51e579bae854ec78573cff9c3ff36ee589286502) these changes:
  • BackupPC exits with status 0 on TERM signal
  • systemd file now uses Type=simple, dropped the -d, and TERM signal to terminate
Craig

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Craig Barratt <[email protected].net> wrote:
Richard,

Both INT and TERM are handled the same way, so they should be equivalent.

Ok, back from a work trip so I can look at this again...

I should have mentioned I'm experimenting with my CentOS 7 w/ BackupPC 3.X box but I'm not sure if it matters in this case.

In the systemd service file on github you have ExecStop set to send a SIGHUP but that's used to reload config.pl and hosts, correct?

It seems no matter what signal I use I never get a clean exit 0 but a 1 which systemd interprets as a failure...

Also, with Systemd there's no requirement to fork so unless BackupPC needs to fork for some reason then we could drop the '-d' and just use Type=simple.

Thanks,
Richard