BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost Can't cd to /root: Permission denied

2016-07-21 10:57:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost Can't cd to /root: Permission denied
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 00:57:30 +1000

On 21/07/2016 21:43, Robert Wooden wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions.

Disabling apparmor made no difference.

"sestatus" returns "command not found" and the only other search engine references I can find about selinux is how to install it on 16.04. And other references that it been dead since Karmic.

The command sting I am running is from an old (cannot find it on Backuppc documentation anymore) wiki page I printed years ago. I not sure what you mean when you asked "What is the current working directory when you ran the above test?" It was run as sudo by an administrative user on the Backuppc machine.

And, last question, I am not sure what you mean by "by using a locale other than C" . . . like 'C' the language? How would I " . . . change the OS default locale to C, and then try it again"? (OS is Ubuntu 16.04)

Please google ubuntu locale and read the first link from the ubuntu community help wiki
While you are there, please google top post and read the first link (wikipedia).

It is important that you learn to use all resources made available to you, including the ample documentation and information that many people have spent time producing. Google will help you find what you want out of that massive amount.

Regards,
Adam