BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost Can't cd to /root: Permission denied

2016-07-19 08:23:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost Can't cd to /root: Permission denied
From: Brad Alexander <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:22:30 -0400
I am running backuppc-3.3.1-2 on a Debian/sid box, I am ssh-ing into the box and have a limited set of sudo commands that backuppc can execute. This is as opposed to ssh-ing in as root.

I have the following in my /etc/sudoers.d/backuppc account:

Cmnd_Alias    BACKUP=/bin/tar, /usr/bin/rsync, /usr/bin/mysqldump, /usr/local/sbin/dbdump
backuppc        ALL=NOPASSWD:BACKUP

Then I am able to run backups.

First step, can you ssh into the local host? Second step, can you simulate the backup command? In my case it is

/usr/bin/ssh -q -x farragut sudo /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --checksum-seed=32761 --ignore-times . /