BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost Can't cd to /root: Permission denied

2016-07-19 11:46:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost Can't cd to /root: Permission denied
From: Brad Alexander <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Robert Wooden <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:45:38 -0400
It is. farragut is my backuppc host.

Is there anything of interest in the logs, specifically the error log?

And do you have your sudoers set up properly?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net> wrote:

Thanks for the response, Brad.

I need to clarify that I can backup other hosts just NOT the localhost and I am confused as to why I cannot.

I see, by your "backup command" that your using rsync. Is this the command to backup your localhost?

I just tried ssh-ing into the locahost (first time I can remember that experience) and it worked.

Re-ran my test command "sudo -u backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f localhost" and got the same "Backup aborted (No files dumped for share /)" and "Can't cd to /root: Permission denied".

Scratching my head! What is it?

---

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846