BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Empty Directories with Win7

2014-08-21 11:59:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Empty Directories with Win7
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:57:37 +0200
Am 21.08.2014 um 17:27 schrieb Les Mikesell:
> One thing that might not be obvious is that smbclient reads your
> /etc/samba/smb.conf file where you may have settings intended for the
> server side of samba. I can't think of any settings that would cause
> this behavior, but it is something to be aware of when debugging.

Good point. But I doubt it might be related:
[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        server string = Samba Server Version %v
        unix charset = UTF8
        password server = 10.1.1.20
        realm = LOCAL.MYDOMAIN.DE
        security = ADS
        encrypt passwords = yes
        winbind use default domain = true
        load printers = yes
        cups options = raw
[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        browseable = no
        writable = yes
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browseable = no
        guest ok = no
        writable = no
        printable = yes

And Samba Server is not active on the BackupPC server.

I'm still confused about smbclient. There was a bug reported which was
closed with an official working solution. But using exact this syntax it
doesn't work. Can anyone try to use smbclient on the command line and
see if the excludes work?

Greetings

Christian