BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Empty Directories with Win7

2014-08-21 08:36:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Empty Directories with Win7
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:35:00 +0200
Hi Michael,

> SMB can't back up open files (unless you're doing something exotic, I
> suppose -- so you *should* be seeing errors whenever it comes across a
> locked file, unless you've specifically excluded them.
Indeed, that strange. As I usually don't change any log settings it is
even more strange.

I verified log settings and set $Conf{XferLogLevel}  now to 3 (was at 1).
Additionally I increased the smbclient debugging. Which is configured to
write to stderr (-E) with -d 5 (was at 1).

> Note that these are alphabetical, and stop at "hiberfil.sys."  You should
> be getting an error on this file, since it's always open.  It looks like
> SMB is silently ending at that point.

That's correct- I haven't seen this. I excluded now hiberfil.sys (and
other) and will see what happens now.

>> There are absolutely NO errors in the hosts logfiles.
>>
>> Any idea where I can go for troubleshooting?
> I'd start by sorting out why you're not seeing errors.
I'll do- see above increases on log level. Any point where I can look
for why there are no errors shown?

Thanks a lot!

Christian