BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync

2013-10-22 00:11:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync
From: Charles Belarmino <Charles.Belarmino AT maximintegrated DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:10:07 +0800
Hi Les,

Should I just use rsync with SSH?

Thanks,
Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Mikesell [mailto:lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:14 AM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Charles Belarmino <Charles.Belarmino AT
maximintegrated DOT com> wrote:
> hi Everyone,
>
> I am currently configuring my backuppc using rsync but the error is "Error
> connecting to rsync daemon at host:873:inet connect: Interrupted system
> call".  Can you please help me on this?  Do you have a more understandable
> procedure that I can use?  I am bewildered by some of the ideas that I got
> from the internet.

That sounds like you configured rsyncd, targeting a standalone rsync
daemon at the other end, not rsync which runs over ssh.    If you have
configured a standalone rsync daemon on the target system you can test it from
the command line with a command like:
rsync  -v host::module
Note the double colons - and if you don't specify a destination for the rsync
it will just list the contents.