BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Repeated error on more than one client; rsync timeout

2013-10-22 18:32:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Repeated error on more than one client; rsync timeout
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Hans Kraus <hans AT hanswkraus DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 00:29:34 +0200
Hi,

Hans Kraus wrote on 2013-10-22 19:25:30 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Repeated
error on more than one client; rsync timeout]:
> It was very simple: I copied the 'rsyncd.conf' file on the Clients [...]
> That example file contains the line:
>          timeout = 600
> After changing that value to 3600 it seems to work.

that seems to imply that backups have never worked for those clients rather
than to have suddenly begun failing. That was not clear from your original
message.

Good that you solved your problem, though, and thank you for sharing your
findings with us. That is certainly something to keep in mind.

Regards,
Holger