BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Issues with Include and Exclude for a SMB backup

2013-10-11 14:12:52
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Issues with Include and Exclude for a SMB backup
From: David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:57:58 -0400
Hi,

I am trying to ensure that I only back up certain directories on my laptop, which is done via SMB.  However, the include and exclude just don't appear to be working at all.

For the sake of discussion let's say that the SMB share is MyLaptop/Users.  Underneath Users on this laptop I have the following directories: Default, dwilliams and Public.
My Includes and Excludes are as follows:

When a backup finishes everything in the excludes section is getting backed up, and several items from the include are not getting backed up.

Any help would be much appreciated as there are a couple of important directories under dwilliams that I want to ensure get backed up.
--

Dave Williams