BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues with Include and Exclude for a SMB backup

2013-10-11 16:06:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues with Include and Exclude for a SMB backup
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:53:45 -0400
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com> wrote on 10/11/2013 03:38:29 PM:

> The first entry in the BackupFilesOnly (the key) should be the
> sharename, "Users".  After you add that, use the buttons to the
> right to add the directories you want to backup within that share.

Or, if there's only one share, you could use "*" for the key.  That's usually what I do even with more than one share because the things I'm excluding are things like "Documents and Settings" or "ProgramData" or something like that, which is very unlikely to be on more than one of my shares for a host.

And that way I avoid the problem you're having!  :)

Tim Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com