BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backup a Windows Server through BackupPC to an external linux host

2013-10-11 04:33:34
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backup a Windows Server through BackupPC to an external linux host
From: Antoine Migeon <antoine.migeon AT u-bourgogne DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:31:16 +0200
Hello,

I want to backup a Windows Server to a NAS Linux (ideally keep ACL).

I have three host :
 A : Windows Server, share files (~ 10 million files, 50 To)
 B : Linux BackupPC, (15 To, workstations backup)
 C : NAS Linux, very big capacity xxx To (SGI DMF)

A and B are in the same network, same building.
C is behind firewall, in other building connected by gigabit fiber. I can't easily share a volume (NFS or CIFS) with A or B.
I can't install BackupPC in host C.
I can only access host  C with ssh/sftp from A and B (not in root).

In documentation, I read that BackupPC can use a archive host to receive backup files.

Can I use these features to securely backup the Windows Server A in Linux server C, without store all files in Linux BackupPC B.
Can I use permanent incremental, without full backup ?

Thanks,
Antoine