BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Guide to set up scheduling in BackupPC

2013-09-10 12:24:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Guide to set up scheduling in BackupPC
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:22:51 -0500
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes indeed, see below
>
> Because MyServer has been on the network at least 7 consecutive times, it
> will not be backed up from 7:00 to 19:30 on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri.
>
> However, the backup was kicked in today at 8.05am.

Do you mean it started then or was still running at 8:05?

> What is really wrong and how to fix it for good?

Do you have enough time overall for all of your backups to complete?
The quick-fix is to start a full backup from the web interface at the
start of the backup window  (perhaps as you are leaving work...) and
you'll push the cycle to around that time every day.   But I don't
understand why one would start by itself in the blackout times so I
can't help with a better fix.