BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Guide to set up scheduling in BackupPC

2013-09-06 00:35:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Guide to set up scheduling in BackupPC
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 23:33:43 -0500
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> I tried using the black out option but somehow i do see backups running
> during prime time (i.e. 8am to 6pm).
>
> Could you assist with the sample options i should set or change so that I
> can run backups at 8pm with weekly/monthly full and retention for 1 year?

 See $Conf{BlackoutGoodCnt} in the docs.   Blackouts don't start
taking effect until that many days have passed with backuppc able to
ping the target outside of the blackout period to verify that it will
be available to back up then.  Usually if you start your first backup
at approximately the time you want them to run, the daily scheduling
will keep it around that same time long enough for blackouts to take
effect.   Or you can go to the node page and 'stop' a backup (even
though none is running) and you will have an option to set a number of
hours to wait before starting the next one.   And then subsequent ones
won't start until approximately 24 hours after that.