BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Move BackupPC "TopDir" To New Larger Hard Drive

2013-07-22 19:56:54
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Move BackupPC "TopDir" To New Larger Hard Drive
From: "rblake3" <rblake3 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:54:55 -0400
Hello,

I am trying to move data from a 2TB hard drive to a 3TB drive and am having
space issues.  I am using:

rsync -aHAXv --delete --progress /mnt/olddrive/ /mnt/newdrive/

To copy the data from the old to the new.  I noticed that this process
tanked so I ended up running it for individual folders under the specific
directories... for example:

    /mnt/olddrive/backup/pc/abccomputer/
/mnt/newdrive/backup/pc/abccomputer/

I have ran this process all weekend (I bash scripted it for all the folders)
and then some and I came back to find that my entire hard drive is filled
up.  I thought by using the “H” option, it would just keep the hardlink and
not have the files in two locations.

What am I missing?  What can I do to efficiently get the data copied from
olddrive to newdrive without this problem?

Thanks,
Ryan