BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New backup server

2013-05-24 12:51:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New backup server
From: Ray Frush <ray.frush AT avagotech DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 10:50:07 -0600
I have found that the limiting speed for backups with lots of files is how fast the backup server can walk the BackupPC pool, so going with faster disks will help some.   You will probably find that 4x 500GB drives in a RAID 10 will give you more throughput, but at more cost.

Your ML150 has 8 slots, so you've got a lot of options.  Do you know which controller you have?