BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] New backup server

2013-05-24 12:34:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] New backup server
From: Erik Hjertén <erik.hjerten AT companion DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:15:22 +0200
Hi all

I have invested in a used HP Proliant ML150 G5 server as a new backup server. I have about 500 GB of data in 40 000 files spread over 8 clients to backup. Data doesn't grow fast so I'm aiming at two 1TB disks in a raid 1 configuration.

Do I go with more expensive, but faster (and more reliable?), SAS-disks. Or is cheaper, but slower, S-ATA disks sufficient? I'm guessing that disk speed will be the bottle neck in performance?

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
/Erik