BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Error Backing up Servers

2012-09-04 09:58:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Error Backing up Servers
From: oragain AT chryzo DOT net
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:56:42 +0200
Hi,

Good news if you got it working.

As for Documents & Settings, on a windows 7 or windows 2k8 you can remove
them from the backup. They are links for backward compatibility. But you
have to backup the folder Users in exchange.

You can also simply ignore the access denied errors if you want to only
manage one config file for windows 7 / 2k8 / 2k3 / XP. Access Denied is
not a "stopping" error. It is informative.

Regards,

Here is my exclude list for a windows 7 / 2k8 machine:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '*/.*/*',
    '.*\\*',
    '*\\Config.Msi\\*',
    '*\\*Recovery\\*',
    '\\MSOCache\\*',
    '*\\All Users\\*',
    '*\\AppData\\*',
    '*\\Local*\\*',
    '*\\Application Data\\*',
    '\\Program*\\*',
    '*\\WINDOWS*\\*',
    '*\\Windows*\\*',
    '*\\temp*\\*',
    '*\\Temp*\\*',
    '\\Users\\All Users\\*',
    '\\Users\\Default User\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Application Data\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Cookies\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Local Settings\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\NetHood\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\PrintHood\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Recent\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\SendTo\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Start Menu\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Templates\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\AppData\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Documents\\My Music\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Documents\\My Pictures\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\Documents\\My Videos\\*',
    '\\Users\\*\\NTUSER.DAT*',
    '\\Users\\*\\ntuser.dat*',
    '*.lock',