BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error Backing up Servers

2012-09-04 08:19:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error Backing up Servers
From: gshergill <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 05:17:38 -0700
Hi guys,

It's all working now for Windows Server 2003.

The underlining issue was that the Excludes need to use "\" instead of "/".

After that was changed I kept re-running the backup and adding excludes to the
directories that failed and now it works (pretty long exclude list...).

The error;

NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file

Seems to mean that the file needs to be added to the Exclude list.

Note that I am using C$ for the Windows 2003 Server, as it works.

---------------------
Now, onto Windows Server 2008...

The issue here is one that I cannot fix. It appears that the problem does have
an issue opening the remote file, the error is;

NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing

To be more precise, it's;

NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Documents and Settings\*

Adding Documents and Settings to the exclude list isn't working, and to be
honest it would be a worthless backup if I were to exclude that directory.

Any ideas how to fix this error please?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

gshergill