BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error Backing up Servers

2012-09-04 04:41:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error Backing up Servers
From: gshergill <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 01:39:56 -0700
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late response, have been on holiday.

Hi Bowie Bailey,

===============
I've added the following now;

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
'C$$' => [
'*/Desktop/*'
]
};

and still the same error;

NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Documents and Settings\*
This backup will fail because: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*

What does $Conf{SmbShareName} look like?
===============
The following is the SmbShareName for the .pl file for that windows machine;

$Conf{SmbShareName} = [
  'C$$'
];

Note that I would use C$, like I do for the 2003 machine, but that doesn't seem
to work with the 2008 server, it say's it's already in use...

---------------------------
Hi Tony Molloy,

===============
First that's a windoze share problem not a backuppc problem.

Now I don't know diddly all about windows and I don't want to
Wouldn't have that virus on any machine I'm responsible for.

So Second

1. are you sure the folder C$$ and subfolders if necessary are shared
properly from windows.

2. are you sure the backuppc UserName used to access the share has
permission to access the share

3. are you sure the backuppc SharePasswd is correct.

===============
1. Do I need to share every folder within the C Drive? The C Drive is the one
being shared with the share name C$$.

2. The username is Administrator, as that is the only account on that windows
machine. The file sharing has been given full permission to all users, so I
believe it should work for Administrator user as well.

3. The Password is definitely correctly (It is overridden in the .pl file for
that specific machine)

To be honest I'm very glad it's all working for me now on Linux machines, just
this last windows issue to fix.

Today I add to the config.pl file the changes needed on the linux machines so
I don't need to use copyhost every time.

Assuming that works, just this windows issue and everything will be working
perfectly.

Thanks again everyone.

Kind Regards,

gshergill