BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Not getting mail from BackupPC

2012-04-22 20:13:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Not getting mail from BackupPC
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:12:27 -0500
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Norman Goldstein <normvcr AT telus DOT net>
wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is appearing as a new thread -- I did not figure
> out how to continue a single thread.
>
> I followed Les's suggestion and entered a non-existent
> folder and file to backup.

No, I meant put a directory under /var/lib/backuppc/pc that isn't a
backup target.

> I initiated an immediate incremental
> backup.  After it completed, the log showed no errors, and no
> email was sent to my account.

Emails aren't sent at the end of a backup run, they are sent when
Backuppc_Nightly runs, which should be the first time in your wakeup
interval list.