BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Archive question

2012-03-11 19:03:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Archive question
From: "Brad Morgan" <b-morgan AT concentric DOT net>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:01:50 -0600

I'm trying to setup offsite backups using the archive feature. My testing shows that the backup number is part of the archive file name and that generates a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to.

Why do I have to manually create the /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<archive host> directory?

If I setup a weekly archive via cron, will each week's archives add to the existing set because of the increasing backup number? If so, what's the best way to remove the previous archives for each host?

If I remove the backup number from the file name, will BackupPC overwrite the existing archive?

Which of these to options would you recommend?

Regards,

Brad