BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Poor BackupPC Performance

2011-07-26 04:43:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Poor BackupPC Performance
From: "Pedro M. S. Oliveira" <pmsoliveira AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:41:14 +0100

Hello,
I ve hosts where I reach 20MBs over Gb links and about 10MBs over fast ethernet.
You may want to look at the backuppc fs and also to the compression settings.
Usually I have better performance with BackupPC than with bacula.  I also have BackupPC running over enterprise servers with 8GB ram,  hw raid,  and smp.  The host os is generally sles,  centos,  redhat.  The fs ext3 or ext4 but with some tweaks on the fs.  Don't  remember all and can't see it as I'm on my mobile.
Hope this helps,
Pedro Oliveira