BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC

2011-07-21 22:08:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC
From: jiahwei <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:05:18 -0700
Hi Carl,

I did type /etc/init.d/backuppc start. Which I got the error

Starting BackupPC: No language setting
BackupPC::Lib->new failed
[FAILED]

Yup, the process for backuppc didn't start because I couldn't start the
backuppc. It returned me "failed" when I tried to start.

To check if it's running, use 'ps ax' to get a list of your running
processes. (For more information, type 'man ps' and 'q' to exit the 'manual'
program). You should see a couple of entries similar to thisif BackupPC is
running correctly.

1784 ? S 5:45 /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC -d
1790 ? S 46:43 /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_trashClean

I didn't see an entry when I tried going to the path you stated. If I didn't
see an entry, does that mean it is not running correctly?