BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC

2011-07-19 11:11:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC
From: Alain Péan <alain.pean AT lpp.polytechnique DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:49:04 +0200
Hi Jiawhei,

Le 19/07/2011 10:24, jiahwei a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the BackupPC onto Linux Redhat 64 bit OS.
>
> Anyone can give me the steps by step installation of the BackupPC.
>
> Thanks.!

I would give the same advice as Tyler J. Wagner, install from
repository. It is avalable from EPEL repository. I did it for centOS 6.
Depending on your RHEL version, you have to install the corresponding
EPEL repository, for example :
# rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm

Then :
# yum install backuppc

It installs a rather old version of BackupPC (3.1, current is 3.2.1),
but if you don't mind, it is the easiest way.

Then follow the CentOS HowTo, a bit outdated too, but still useful :
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33