BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC

2011-07-20 11:41:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:37:33 -0500
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Alain Péan
<alain.pean AT lpp.polytechnique DOT fr> wrote:
> Jiahwei said previously that he was under RHEL 6. So there, it is better

DOH! I don't know why I thought he was on a deb based system.

Yup, like you said, use the service command to start both backuppc and
httpd and chkconfig to turn them on at boot.

In that case I'm pretty sure he'll need to setup a username and
password for logging into the web interface since RPM by design is
non-interactive.

Thanks,
Richard