BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC

2011-07-22 04:51:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation of BackupPC
From: Alain Péan <alain.pean AT lpp.polytechnique DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:49:01 +0200
Hi Jiahwei,

As you can see, you have a problem with a hardlink. The default location
for BachpPC data pool is /var/lib/BackupPC. I guess you tried to change
this location to another one, by setting a hard link. I tried this
myself, and it failed. Whad I did, is to mount an external storage under
/backup, copied the content of /var/lib/BackupPC inside (with the same
owner, backuppc, and rights), and change the configuration in
/etc/BackupPC/config.pl :

#$Conf{TopDir}      = '/var/lib/BackupPC/';
$Conf{TopDir} = '/backup';

Hope this helps.

Alain