BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Recovery from archive

2011-06-07 02:45:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Recovery from archive
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: gayleard AT eircom DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 07:43:46 +0100
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 01:34 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there any kind of BackupPC data on the machine itself
> required for recovery of the archived material?

If your installation is Ubuntu, you need:

/etc/backuppc
/var/lib/backuppc

It's common to have the second of these on its own datastore. If you're
replicating that elsewhere, or recovering the disks, also make sure you
regularly backup /etc/backuppc as well.

To recover the data, just install backuppc on the new server, and move
those two directories to the same place.

Other distros have similar directory structures.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices."
   -- Edward R. Murrow