BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Recovery from archive

2011-06-07 07:56:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Recovery from archive
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: gayleard AT eircom DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:54:44 +0100
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 12:43 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I can see that I should save /etc/backuppc ,
> but is it really necessary to save /var/lib/BackupPC/ ?
> This seems to be exactly what BackupPC has archived,
> and is almost the same size as the archive file
> (48GB archive file against 34GB /BackupPC in my case).

No, it is not necessary. I misread your original post. You just need the
archive, plus /etc/backuppc.

However, you should test this. Try restoring, add a line to disable all
scheduled jobs, and start backuppc on your backup system. Verify you can
browse and restore files.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Humanity is disappointing, but it's nothing personal."
   -- Jayme Wilmore