BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] One more time

2011-02-17 09:03:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] One more time
From: "Ryan Blake" <rblake3 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:01:28 -0500
David,

Did you make sure you have File and Printer sharing enabled on the computer (right click on your network device and choose properties and look for File and Printer sharing to be checked) and have the firewall open to allow traffic (you may even want to temporarily disable it when doing the testing you did earlier)?  Also, I am guessing the dwilliams account is not an account from part of a domain at work?  If it is, you'll need to use username=domain\\username (note the \\).  Your other option would be to create a local admin account on your workstation for backup and recovery.  You should also right click on your "C" drive and ensure that under the Sharing tab that the C$ share shows up.  You can do a more thorough check if you go into your Control Panel, select "Small Icons" (top left of window), and find "Folder Options."  From there, hit the "View" tab and under "Advanced Settings," uncheck Simple file sharing.  Now go back and check for that c$ share.  It would also be a good time to see what permissions are set on it.

Those few steps should at least get you started towards finding your solution.

~Ryan

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:30 AM

Can anyone help me with the samba issue?
Will also try another group thanks.

David Williams
Check out our WebOS mobile phone app for the Palm Pre and Pixi:
   Golf Caddie | Golf Caddie Forum | Golf Caddie FAQ by DTW-Consulting, Inc.