BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] One more time

2011-02-03 14:03:35
Subject: [BackupPC-users] One more time
From: David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:45:37 -0500
Ok,

Got a little free time so thought that I would try again to see how I can back up my laptop.
It's set to DHCP and is connected to the same network as the BackupPC server.

In the laptop client file I have the following set:

When I perform a nmblookup laptop1 I get the following response:
querying laptop1 on 192.168.15.255
192.168.15.155 laptop1<00>

When I perform a  nmblookup -R -U 192.168.15.255 laptop1 I get the following response:
querying laptop1 on 192.168.15.255
192.168.15.155 laptop1<00>

However, when I try and backup laptop1 the web client gives me the following message:
Error: Can't find IP address for laptop1

laptop1 is a DHCP host, and I don't know its IP address. I checked the netbios name of 192.168.15.155, and found that that machine is not laptop1.

Until I see laptop1 at a particular DHCP address, you can only start this request from the client machine itself.

I can confirm that the current IP address of my laptop is 192.168.15.155.

I would appreciate any help on this as I really would like to start backing up my laptop.

David Williams
Check out our WebOS mobile phone app for the Palm Pre and Pixi:
   Golf Caddie | Golf Caddie Forum | Golf Caddie FAQ by DTW-Consulting, Inc.