BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Need help with automating Windows client deployments & handling the file lock backup problem with open files

2010-12-20 22:49:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Need help with automating Windows client deployments & handling the file lock backup problem with open files
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:46:36 -0500
The program I wrote, 'shadowmountrsync' is I believe on the Wikki and
is pretty extensively self-documented. That might be the one you are
referring to on the Wikki...
In particular, the required files are all documented. The setup is all
pretty automated since it pretty much figures things out.
Also, I hope to release an updated version in a few days that is
slightly more robust and automated.

Also, note that my version has the option to dump the ACL's which can
be helpful for restoring since the current version of BackupPC ignores
the ACL's...