BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup backuppc

2010-08-20 09:02:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup backuppc
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:00:37 +0100
On Friday 20 Aug 2010 12:32:10 Farmol SPA wrote:
> A question: the source logical volume and the snapshot one must reside
> in the same volume group for this feature to work?

I believe a snapshot of a logical volume must necessarily reside in the same
volume group, yes. So if you have an LV which is 100% of the VG, you must
resize it down or add disks to make it larger.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The belief in immortality has always seemed cowardly to me. When very
young I learned that all things die, and all that we wish of good must