BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backup of backuppc and schedule

2010-03-09 04:22:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backup of backuppc and schedule
From: Sylvain Viart - Gmail <sylvain.viart AT gmail DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:20:40 +0100
Hi,

I've a backup server which goal is to backup other backuppc servers.

So I've few hosts to backup, but they are pretty heavy, but not that
much compared to other Thread. :-)

As described many times, backup use a best effort policy, trying to
start backup when it is allowed to do so, and when it detects than a
host is due to be backuped.

So I've found:

> It's possible to schedule a backup. Just disable backups of that host, and
> schedule the backup using cron.
>
> http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/serverMesg_commands

sounds an alternative, but, could be nice to achieve it the backuppc's way.

My question in fact is about interpreting current config?
Is there tools which displays when a host will be backuped given the
current full configuration?

For my purpose, I would like to backup hosts one per day, and a
particular day for each host.

Regards
Sylvain.

--