BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup From Web Browser

2010-03-05 16:15:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup From Web Browser
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:13:41 -0600
On 3/5/2010 2:51 PM, Summers, James B. II wrote:

> So going through all of that it seems that ping will only work when it uses
> the DNS and nmblookup will only work with responses from the winserver?
>
> Am I not naming the host correctly maybe?
>
> The pc's I want to backup will actually sit on a different 10.x.x.x NAT
> network and will not have static entries.
>
> Ideas?

I think it is supposed to use dns if the dhcp field in hosts is 0 and
nmblookup if it is 1.  You might be able to verify if that is the only
problem by temporarily setting ClientAlias to an IP address that you
know is connected.

Does your nmblookup work with just
nmblookup host
to find the names on the 10.x.x.x net?  And speaking of NAT, when you
connect from the client in the scenario that started this thread, does
the backuppc server see the IP that it is supposed to connect to, or
does something in between change the source address of the connection?