BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup From Web Browser

2010-03-15 09:40:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup From Web Browser
From: "Summers, James B. II" <jsummers AT ou DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:38:16 +0000
Well I wanted to run for a while to verify that all is working now.

The fix for me was to set the DHCP flag to 0 for my clients.  Even though they
are dhcp, BackupPC work here with them set to non-dhcp.

Working perfectly now.

Many thanks for all of the help and info.

On Mar 5, 2010, at 3:13 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On 3/5/2010 2:51 PM, Summers, James B. II wrote:
>>
>> So going through all of that it seems that ping will only work when it uses
>> the DNS and nmblookup will only work with responses from the winserver?
>>
>> Am I not naming the host correctly maybe?
>>
>> The pc's I want to backup will actually sit on a different 10.x.x.x NAT
>> network and will not have static entries.
>>
>> Ideas?
>
> I think it is supposed to use dns if the dhcp field in hosts is 0 and
> nmblookup if it is 1.  You might be able to verify if that is the only
> problem by temporarily setting ClientAlias to an IP address that you
> know is connected.
>
> Does your nmblookup work with just
> nmblookup host
> to find the names on the 10.x.x.x net?  And speaking of NAT, when you
> connect from the client in the scenario that started this thread, does
> the backuppc server see the IP that it is supposed to connect to, or
> does something in between change the source address of the connection?
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com

---
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma