BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Really confused with scheduling

2009-09-03 14:55:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Really confused with scheduling
From: "Jose Torres" <jetorres AT conecodepr DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:51:29 -0400
Actually I could go by setting the time by using the WakeupSchedule and
having all backups run at the same time,
But I do need to have the Full backup to run in a certain day and the
Incremental(s) on the other days.

By setting Blackouts you can set a window within a day but is always the
same window for all backups, so how can I make the Full backup only to run
on Sunday or any specific day of the week?

I see that I can set the period between Full backups and Incremental(s), but
that is once the first backup is run the periods take place, but, when the
first backup is going to run?  What I see is tonight will be the first Full
backup if I set the BackupsDisable to 0 today.  I do not think that is a
good way to set the start date of the backup sequences.

One should be able to set at least a start date for each of the Full backups
for each Host in a deterministic way, then letting the scheduler take the
control.

Cordially

Jose