BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] problems with linux host - Unable to read 4 bytes

2009-06-23 15:20:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] problems with linux host - Unable to read 4 bytes
From: Nick Smith <nick.smith79 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:17:04 -0400
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Matthias Meyer<matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
wrote:
> Nick Smith wrote:
>>
>> Ok, new problem, i cant get the backuppc user to work with shared keys.
>> Ive added the /var/lib/backuppc/.ssh/id_rsa.pub contents to the other
>> linux box's
> in /root/.ssh I assume.

yes into authorized_keys and _keys2 which ever one it decides to use.

> The password for user backuppc in the web interface can differ from the
> password for the linux user.
> apache compare the password against the htpasswd or htdigest file.
> Linux, on the other hand, compare it against the /etc/passwd.

If I dont know the backuppc user password, is it safe to change it
something else?
Ot will this screw up some other internal workings of backuppc?

thanks for the help